Advanced Cosmetic Procedures: The Skinny on Skin Treatments
Waxing, shaving, plucking, bleaching and covering. There are easier ways to get rid of unwanted hair or unsightly blemishes. Advanced Cosmetic Procedures are safe, simple and completely satisfying procedures that remove unwanted hair and skin blemishes using an electrolysis machine. Electrolysis, as the name suggests, uses different types of electrical current to achieve long lasting results. But unlike the medieval shock therapy of yesteryear, Electrolysis is safe, simple and pain free.
Just like waxing, shaving or creaming, when it comes to removing hair permanently, there are different ways to go about it. As always, the right advanced cosmetic procedures depend on the best solution for your permanent hair removal needs … after a consultation with one of our Aestheticians of course.
- Heat: thermolysis is an alternating current that uses a high frequency currency at a low voltage. When applied to the skin or hair follicle, it causes water molecules to vibrate and generate heat. This in turn prevents blood supply to the treated area, weakening and destroying the hair.
- Chemical: galvanic is a more technical, scientific treatment. Using the salt and water molecules around the skin or hair follicle, this direct current creates a hair-removing chemical reaction. This Sodium Hydroxide, Lye, blocks all the vital hair-growing nourishment to cells, so that new hair growth cannot happen.
- Blend: Combining the best of both worlds, the blend treatment uses a combination of thermolysis and galvanic electrolysis. Blend treatments are a more modern, commonly used way of treating unwanted hair and skin growths. It’s by far the quickest, comfiest and most effective treatment.
Blemishes Are Only Skin Deep
Sending currents of electricity surging through your skin cells is also a great way to treat skin blemishes. Using thermolysis, our advance cosmetics procedures treat a number of skin blemishes like:
- Skin tags: small flesh/brown coloured growths that hang off the skin around the neck, eyelids, underarms and frictionable areas. They are completely harmless, very common and vary in shape and size.
- Millia: small, hard keratin-filled lumps. Completely harmless, these tiny white cysts are often found around the eyes, nose, cheeks and chest.
- Facial thread veins: a network of broken veins and capillaries commonly found on the cheeks, nose and more delicate areas. Completely harmless, they’re caused by a number of things, including stress, age or one too many raucous nights out.
- Spider naevus: not to get too technical, but spider naevus is a form of telangiectasia (swollen blood vessels) that looks like the legs of a spider. Although one or two are completely harmless, more than three sider naevus could be a sign of other health problems. It’s why we recommend discussing treatment options with your GP or Aesthetician first.
- Blood spots: bright red vascular blemishes that occur when small blood vessels under the skin leak into the surrounding tissues. As blood spots can indicate underlying health problems, we recommend coming in for a consultation before starting treatment.
- Dermatosis Papulosa Nigra: a completely harmless skin lesion found around the cheeks, neck and upper chest of darker skin types.
- Warts: unsightly skin growths that vary in size and shape. Warts are caused by a number of things, which is why it’s best to consult your GP or Aesthetician before starting treatment.
- Moles: like warts, moles vary in shape, size and appearance. They can be completely harmless, or cause for serious concern. Which is why it’s important to track, monitor and treat moles carefully with your GP and Aesthetician.
Like all our advanced cosmetic procedures, our treatments for skin blemishes and permanent hair removal are effective and results are immediate. Some skin treatments require your GP’s permission, which is why it is important to book an appointment with your Aesthetician for a consultation first.